| Thank-you Leah/Beah |
Thanks to Leah's comment in the guestbook about having tuna on hand for emergency supper nights you are all saved from another blog by me on not knowing what to eat.
The time came for supper - Lance suggested ordering pizza. Normally this would be great, but eating in the cafeteria a lot fills me up on grease and pizza didn't seem appetizing. How about TUNA? Yes my trusty cans of tuna we sitting in the pantry, just waiting to be called into action. If it hadn't been for Leah's comment they may have remained there for another month. So a tasty toasted tuna sandwhich for me and a tuna melt for Lance. Apples and green peppers on the side to satisfy the fruit and veggies quota.
Tuna tips: Lance didn't used to like tuna but enjoys it when I make it because I add a lot of extras. Tonight it was tuna, mayo, chilli powder, pepper, celery and purple onion. I also like to add grated cheese, grapes, apples - pretty much anything (veggie/fruit that is) chopped up small enough will work. Plain yogurt can be substituted for mayo in a pinch, or for a more healthy choice.
Tonight Lance and I are helping the students get ready for a huge garage sale they are putting on tomorrow. They have solicited donations and dug through their rooms and gathered tonnes of stuff. The garage sale was their idea of something they could do to help the tsunami victims. All the proceeds will be donated to Lutheran World Relief to aid people struggling because of the recent disaster. The mall donated a store space and the garage sale will run tomorrow during the same hours of the farmers market that is held at the mall. I am excited that they've really taken charge of this event... and excited to see what cool things I can buy. :) The girl who is heading this up reminds me of myself - in that she has done so much of the work herself and isn't a delegator - she doesn't think others will want to help so she just does it herself. She needs a friend like Melanie who will make sure she takes care of herself and doesn't over do it.
Well time to get going.
I hope you are all well. Oh yeah. Girls Bible study night here last night - it was so good. We looked at the book of Galatians. I felt proud of us, talking theology - we were given some good insights too. We praised God for blessing our evening. None of us really felt like doing it - but we decided we should even if we didn't feel like it. Learning discipline is a good idea and we were rewarded for it.
Okay, that's all.
bye.
Aimee |
|
|
|
|
|