lundi, mars 10, 2008
hypocrisy and pears
Don't worry this isn't gonna be heavy. I'm referring to myself. How can I check and recheck blogs hoping for new posts, being disappointed, thinking "come on, it's about time for a post", when my own blog sits idle...

Some random thoughts before I get the kids out of the cribs - they're awake but cheerful so I have a little time.

We had a lovely weekend. Lance has been very busy with work preparing for the spring tour and has been working extra hours. He thought he'd have to work this weekend but ended up getting sick. I know it's not good to be glad about that, and I really did feel bad for him. But he wasn't to sick to read stories to kids and to just BE with us. He's feeling fine now which is good because this is the final week before the tour (see details below).

Eva is talking up a storm. Sometime putting three words together. Pretending to be swimming in a pool (blanket) she said, "splash in water". When pretending to cook at the stove (end table) she bent over peeking in the oven and said "eggs in there". She is growing up fast.

Elijah is very much into hugging and wrestling and sometimes the line between gets blurred. On another note, we had a 911 adventure with him a few weeks back. He fell of the couch onto the tuning peg of his ukulele. It felt like there was a hole in his head and Lance was away so I sheepishly called 911. By the time the call was wrapping up, and the lady was saying, "the paramedics are on their way, don't move him unless you absolutely have too..." ummm. He was already climbing on the shelf and couch again. So we ended up riding to the hospital in the ambulance (while odegards watched eva - can you imagine two 21 month olds wreaking havoc in the emergency room!) They didn't need to do any xrays and he was fine. Thank God.

I am wrapping up my teaching of the Art and Soul class this week. I have enjoyed it, but it has been a stretch to teach the class, run a lab, and be a full-time mom. This week I am at the school for three afternoons trying to get all the art ready for the tour. It's going to be a big week.

I finished my part of the group painting project. I'm pleased with it but more than that I just loved painting again. I haven't done a painting in years! And my new calculations worked perfectly.

On Saturday I ran out to Safeway to get some milk for the kids. I came home with three jugs of milk AND 7 loaves of of bread at 50 cents each. Which is a deal in itself. I usually buy superstore's cheapest bread at a dollar a loaf. But Safeway's discount rack was loaded with organic/ancient grains/sprouted grains bread. What a treat. It is delicious. But I hope we're not getting spoiled! This deal delighted my frugal and healthy self.

spring is coming to Camrose. Pussy willows are out. Snow is melting (though there could be more coming as is always the possibility!) And there are even tulips poking their leaves through the ground. It was like plus 7 yesterday and we enjoyed a walk together as a family. The kids are a joy to watch as they discover the world around them. It's slow going but where did we need to rush to anyways. They constantly stop when bird sounds or sirens catch their ears, or when puddles tempt their feet, or paths leading to houses catch their eyes.

Oh and we forgot about daylight savings time. But got reminded when the worship team phoned Lance, the leader, asking if he'd forgotten about the time change. Oops. Well that explains why Bonnie phoned at 7:15 asking for a ride. Seemed a little early. But not if it was really 8:15 and practice started in half and hour.

Here's a little peek into life with twins (it was papa's pear):






Well I better go get those kids. Hope you are well.

Aimee
posted by Aimee at 7:28 a.m. -
6 Comments:
  • At 8:10 a.m., Blogger Amanda Barkey said…

    OH MY GOSH! Aimee, I LOVE your little kiddies, they are so freaking CUTE! I can hardly stand it- I am sure you have TONS of free child care because everyone must love those two to death but if you and Lance are ever headed this way and are going on a date to Calgary or somthing and need a babysitter- stop off in Three Hills... Id share my pear with those two anytime.

     
  • At 9:43 a.m., Blogger kinneyland said…

    I always love your pictures, they capture the moment so well. And it helps that your kids are so adorable.

     
  • At 11:44 a.m., Blogger Alvin & Denise Engler said…

    cute little pear snatchers. i have taken to hiding when i eat -- they usually find me, but not before i at least get a *few* bites in. seriously... its like they have radar.

    glad elijah is ok. josh still has a mark on his forehead (can be seen when he raises his eyebrows) from falling down the stairs. sometimes i think they are just too quick for their own good!!

    -de

     
  • At 4:13 p.m., Blogger Walshy said…

    they're monsters after one thing- "pears"- precious pictures of your babies Aimee!

     
  • At 11:57 a.m., Blogger heidi said…

    wow, score on the bread!! i'm jealous :) reading about what your kidlets are doing makes me look forward to tristan being that age. the whole new-discovery thing is just beginning for him and i'm thrilled to hear that it will continue for some time!

     
  • At 9:04 p.m., Blogger Demara said…

    I think the same thing sometimes "come on, it's time for another post already" and look here you are posting and I'm 3 behind. I often think that I sometimes post too much (3 in one day) and then people get behind big time, however, I've had friends say that they love visiting my blog because I have a new post up EVERY DAY usually. Well I hope to please and live up to this appreciation! haha I think it so funny that your babes nibbled away at Lance's pear while he held them! So cute. They remind me of our 3 cats and how they sometimes all want to be on me, pet at the same time, it does take work to juggle them all. I'm glad your painting turned out and that you were able to reacquaint yourself with that facet in your life again, I'm sure it was very releasing. That's what my blog is for me-a release! I pray you and Lance and your babes have a very healthy Spring tour. Love ya~

     
Publier un commentaire
here i am
Name: Aimee
Home: Canada
About Me:
more...

previously on hummingbird
Archives
place to go people to see
living on less & liking it more
  • Frugal Hacks
  • Like Merchant Ships
  • Smart Canucks
  • Deweys Treehouse



  •