samedi, janvier 22, 2005
Badminton
A late breaking story...

Late, because I forgot to tell you guys. Lance and I have joined the Camrose Badminton Club. We've been members since Jan uary 3rd. The club meets Monday nights at the local highschool. It costs $15 for the year. So far we have been three times. It is a lot of fun. Mostly I just play against Lance and our friends who are also in the club - Pete, Jenna, Tamara and Tim. Lance and I are fairly evenly matched - thanks to my highschool badminton career (which Platinum Blonde was a part of too) and his lack of highschool career. I think that fairly soon Lance will surpass me. I'm not sure how I'll handle that - beneath my calm and friendly veneer I am actually quite competitive and always want to win - especially if it is a close game. I am hoping to improve as well. I plan to lose my signature move -- feet firmly planted on the floor, butt sticking out, arm outstretched reaching to hit the birdie, I must have glue on my feet. That has got to change. I'm excited to be playing badminton again, it's fun and gives me some exercise - which really makes me feel good.

I have fond memories of Melanie from our highschool badminton days. It was intense, and we had intense partners. And if I do say so myself - we were pretty good.

That's all for tonight - Inbetween beginning and finishing this blog Lance came home and we had a 45min talk which was excellent - but now it is time for bed. Goodnight my friends.

Aimee
posted by Aimee at 12:03 p.m. -
0 Comments:
Publier un commentaire
here i am
Name: Aimee
Home: Canada
About Me:
more...

previously on hummingbird
Archives
place to go people to see
living on less & liking it more
  • Frugal Hacks
  • Like Merchant Ships
  • Smart Canucks
  • Deweys Treehouse



  •