lundi, janvier 17, 2005
An Announcement
Re: Platinum Blonde

Even though there actually wasn't a Platinum Blonde anniversary contest, and I didn't tell Melanie my top three Plat Blonde moments, I am receiving the prize. What is the prize you may ask - well you actually probably aren't asking that since you've likely already read Melanie's most recent blog. But incase you haven't and even if you have, here's the news:

MELANIE IS COMING TO VISIT ME!!!!!!

I've been very distracted today at work - I found out that she was coming this morning, she emailed me her official itinerary. During chapel I snuck up to Lance and told him - he was very excited to. He enjoys Melanie a lot and knows how much we love being together. I'm on a break from work now and have some time to blog about this great news. I actually wanted to set up the guestroom right away - which is silly because she isn't coming till Feb 15, and our guestroom is actually our multipurpose catchall/art and music room and having Mel's bed set up for a month isn't really practical. Anyways, I will have to wait on that.

It has been very cold here and now it's starting to warm up. Today it is -6 but just three days ago it was -30. Wow.

Yesterday was a great day. We started off by sleeping in - not too much, but not getting up right away. Went to church - the pastor is doing a series on following the dreams God has given you, nurturing the seeds he has planted in you. It's based around Eph 2:8-10. Yesterday he focussed on things that steal seeds, it was really good. Then we came home, ate tasty leftovers for lunch and headed to bed. We read in bed -which I must add has clean sheets and is in our recently cleaned and rearranged bedroom - for a couple hours - it was so nice and something that we don't often do. Actually I can't remember the last time we've done that in the middle of the day. Later we had a nice snack (homemade guacomole and triscuit nachos). I read the blogs. Lance listened to music on his recently acquired Ipod. I phoned my sister Cara and had a lovely conversation. Then we went to our friends the Friedrichs house for supper. We got home around 10:30 and went right to bed. A little more reading and then I went to sleep -- I always fall asleep before Lance. He watched some Lord of the Rings special features on our laptop in bed (headphones of course)

Today has been good. I am trying to get a lot of internship work done today so I can go with a friend on a couple hour drive to a doctors appointment tomorrow. The best part of today was hearing from Melanie that our Winter Fling has been confirmed. I can't believe it. I love Airmiles!

Well, I best be on my way. Oh yeah. I'm going to add another blog to my list of links. My sister's sister-in-law, and a friend of mine from youth group days, and past employee of my dad's store, Heidi Stewart recently started a blog. It is so good. She is a phenomenal writer and in a similar stage of life as me so I relate to what she writes about.

have a lovely day.

Aimee

posted by Aimee at 1:29 p.m. -
0 Comments:
Publier un commentaire
here i am
Name: Aimee
Home: Canada
About Me:
more...

previously on hummingbird
Archives
place to go people to see
living on less & liking it more
  • Frugal Hacks
  • Like Merchant Ships
  • Smart Canucks
  • Deweys Treehouse



  •