| Coming to a City Near (maybe) You |
Hi folks, I've been getting brief windows of wireless at home and wanted to let you know of some upcoming events that I think you’ll be interested in.
CLBI (the school Lance works at) is about to embark on it’s “Confessions Tour”. The Tour lasts ten days with shows in cities throughout Alberta and Saskatchewan. Sorry no BC.
The show includes music (both choral and band – as in pop, country, folk), visual arts (video, painting, photography) and drama (sketches, monologues, readings). I’ve stopped by the school and poked my head in on a couple practices and seen some of the visual art and let me tell you when everything is combined together it is going to be incredible.
Lance has been heavily involved in the planning and producing/directing of the event. A ton of thought has gone into the selection of the various pieces – all of which deal with the theme of confession. Confession throughout the show will be seen as something not just heavy, but something that can bring life, healing, joy.
A little known, and unadvertised, part of the tour is that among the caravan of vehicles transporting the students, some staff and all their gear will be a camperized (not the right word, but maybe you get the idea… kitchen, bed, bathroom etc) tour bus carrying two 9 month old twins and their mama.
That’s right, we’re going on tour too! This is exciting and a little worrisome for me. The Scrivens family has graciously and generously allowed us to use their beautiful bus (complete with son Jonnie as the driver) as our home on wheels. What a blessing.
One reason I’m especially excited about joining the tour is that it will be like practice for the future. The future? Well hopefully one day me and the kids (and I say “me and the kids” knowing full well it is not grammatically correct, but “the kids and I” is just not how I talk) will join Lance as he tours and plays music.
It would be definitely worth your while to come out to one of the performances. Here’s a list of places and times:
Friday March 23 VIKING AB : Viking Alliance Church 7:30pm (Sorry no twins at this performance, we join the tour on Saturday)
Saturday March 24 SASKATOON SK: Redeemer Lutheran Church 6:54pm
Sunday March 25 SASKATOON SK: Rock of Ages Church 10:30 ELBOW SK: Bethel Lutheran 7:00
Monday March 26 REGINA SK: Faith Lutheran 7:30
Tuesday March 27 FRONTIER SK: Bethel Lutheran 7:30
Wednesday March 28 LETHBRIDGE AB: Our Lady of the Assumption 7:30
Thursday March 29 CALGARY AB: Emmanuel Community Church 7:30
Friday March 30 SHERWOOD PARK AB: Bethel Lutheran 7:30
Saturday March 31 (Bel’s Birthday) WESTLOCK AB: Westlock Gospel Chapel 7:00
Sunday April 1 STONY PLAIN AB: Immanuel Lutheran 9:00 & 10:15 CAMROSE AB: Messiah Lutheran 7:00
I think there are more details about the tour on the school’s website – see link at left, “Where Lance works”.
I better post this before my internet cuts out.
Hope you guys are well and hope to see anyone who's nearby at one of the shows.
Aimee |
|
| 8 Comments: |
-
wowie aimee - you're on line. Oh I want to come - I want to come.
Love, Mom
-
Awesome! Becca and I will see you In Sh Park!
Take care! Ange
-
Aimee! The tour sounds so great. I'm so pumped for the direction CLBI is taking with it this year. I don't suppose you and your tour bus plus entourage want to detour over to Mongolia. We would love to host you here!
Blessings, Marina
-
Wow! Aimee, that sounds like it will be very busy for you BUT alot of fun too...I'm so excited for you and Lance to be able to work together with your babes, should be great for the family!!!
Too far away to go, Demara
-
WHOO HOO!!!! I'll be at the Lethbridge one!!!! YEAH!!! OH I'm so psyched!!! Yeah!!
-
One of the few weekends I'm not in Saskatoon, ahhh!
-
We're pretty close to Westlock. I'll see if we can make it. Do you think it would be suitable for kids (oldest is almost 7) or better to get a sitter? Maybe it'd be nice to get a sitter anyway and actually go on a date!
Rhiannon
-
Aimee! Hi, it's Lisa Durant. (etc.) So great to find a way to say hello to you. I hear you have some babies! Awesome! God has blessed us with a baby girl who is now six months old (It's May 6th)Come over to my blog at
www.stilltroubleshooting.blogspot.com
God bless, love ya!
|
| |
|
|
|
|
|
|
wowie aimee - you're on line. Oh I want to come - I want to come.
Love,
Mom