dimanche, janvier 14, 2007
When the cat's away..
the mice won't sleep.

we are having some real sleep problems here. For the past number of nights - over a week, a 2hr stretch of sleep is counted as a miracle. Seems like the kids are more burpy than usual, waking up 5 minutes after a feeding, then half hour later, an hour later... this is very very difficult.

Lance is on tour right now with the rawling brothers - a rocky mountain music band - kind of country, gospel, bluegrassy. He's playing bass and having a lot of fun. Mom's here to help me with Eva and Elijah - she is big help - but like she says, Lance's shoes are very big and she only fills part of them. I sure miss Lance at night when I'm the only parent on duty with the kids. Mom helps to facilitate naps during the day - and makes me delicious meals. I actually told her I thought last night's supper was sent from heaven (pretty good considering it was easy - chicken baked in canned soup, cooked carrots, mashed potatoes and a salad)

please pray for us. thank you.

Aimee

ps. a book recommendation to come.
stay tuned
posted by Aimee at 8:32 p.m. -
7 Comments:
  • At 5:28 a.m., Anonymous Anonyme said…

    Mmmm...:d that meal DOES sound like it were sent from Heaven I can just imagine. I pray that God would send an angel that would hover over the babes and take the place of Lance for these nights as he's away so that you and perhaps even your mom get the rest you need to continue on during the day.

     
  • At 12:55 p.m., Anonymous Anonyme said…

    Hi Aimee,

    With my food allergy background my first thought would be whether they are having trouble digesting one of their solids? I feel for you & will pray.It is very difficult to be "functional" on that little sleep. Glad Grandma Kathy is there to help and provide comfort food!

     
  • At 5:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonyme said…

    The photos on your blog (and you moms) are so cute. I hope you are able to get the energy and patience to get through the nights, and are able to be energized by how precious those little guys are.

     
  • At 6:06 p.m., Blogger DAve and JAnie said…

    Love the christmas celebration pictures! Good thing you flew out of Abby before the snow storming hit! Eeeek.

    I also hope that the babies tummies clam down. It is always so hard to figure out where their little bodies are hurting, or if they had a weird/odd/scary dream, or are pushing a tooth (Corrina would have awful nights when she was teething). I often just assumed that something hurt and gave tylenol or advil as a preventative measure. Have you used either with your babes? It is a little weird the first time meds cross their lips.
    I do hope that God helps you to know exactly what YOUR little babies need. And that sleep comes so soon for you.
    Take care
    janie

     
  • At 8:43 a.m., Blogger Ana said…

    I feel for you and know that I've had many of those nights with our twins. So I pray that you can get rest when you can and that the twins would start sleeping better soon, and that their teeth would come in quickly, if that is the problem. It is great that your Mom can be there with you during this time of unsleeplessness and Lance being gone. Thankgoodness for mothers! May God Bless you!

    PS- Teething can affect their whole bodies, including gasiness and bowel movements! Goodluck!

     
  • At 4:16 p.m., Anonymous Anonyme said…

    Oh Aimee (and mom!) I am so sorry to hear of the sleeping troubles. Lack of sleep is beyond description.

    When Brianna was having her troubles, I was told some babies actually have acid problems etc and can take a baby version of the adult acid medicines. Our problem was solved by taking milk out of my diet for a while, but I know you already did that. Gripe water helped a little too.

    Hugs and prayers. Hopefully the corner turns and they start sleeping in longer stretches.

    ~S

     
  • At 2:56 p.m., Anonymous Anonyme said…

    oh, aimee. i feel for you. i read a quote the other day that said something like, "people that use the term 'slept like a baby' probably have never had one." now that i know how huge lack of sleep really is, i seriously have such awe for what you and lance go through in raising your little ones. you are in my prayers :)

     
Publier un commentaire
here i am
Name: Aimee
Home: Canada
About Me:
more...

previously on hummingbird
Archives
place to go people to see
living on less & liking it more
  • Frugal Hacks
  • Like Merchant Ships
  • Smart Canucks
  • Deweys Treehouse



  •