| Gorgeous Young Archivists |
Perhaps I've intrigued you with the title?
I just got home from Pete and Jenna's house. I stopped by their place to say hello, return some CDs, and give them tomatoes (ah details). Interesting (or not so) fact: I despise the taste of raw tomatoes. Anyways I had called to see what they were up to, thinking I'd stop by and see them. They had their friends Tim and Tamara over and were going to watch National Treasure. Hearing this, and knowing I've been stressing about tying up details before I leave for BC on Friday morning, I said I'd just stop by quick and not watch the show. Also, I had a strong hunch that I wouldn't like the movie at all. Turns out, after going to Staples (I love office supplies) and Mark's Workwearhouse (where I got a cute half price shirt - they sucked me in by their sidewalk racks boasting 50% off) I stopped at Jensen's and ended up watching the whole movie. Predictable. Run of the mill acting. A few funny lines (mostly funny because I wanted to feel good about my decision to spend two hours watching the movie -- so I laughed easy). The best part of the movie -- which relates to the title, is that it revolves around the Declaration of Indepence - which is housed in the US's national archives -- which in this movie are run by young, beautiful, blonde Dr. Abigail Chase. So.... who did I fondly think of?
Platinum Blonde of Course!!
So despite the poor quality of the movie I was reminded of Melanie - a saving factor. Unfortunately the archivist in the movie didn't impress me with her wit or acting skills and she ends up with Nicolas Cage who - though the "hero" - I didn't find that appealing. Anyways, those things didn't remind me of Melanie.
Moving on. I drove Lance to the airport tonight. He left tonight so that he could be apart of the pre-wedding activities of our friends Ryan and Elizabeth who are getting married on Friday. I will join Lance on the coast on Friday. We then plan to stay in BC for pretty much all of May, June and July.
Confession: I ate cake tonight. It started out as a sliver... fresh strawberry apple cobbler...but if you add up all my slivers you'd have a very generous slice. It's like once I taste sugar I can't stop eating it. I've read that hypoglycemics crave sugar and never really thought I did - but once I have a bit I sure do! Even as I was contemplating having the first sliver I thought, "Aimee you have a lot to do tomorrow and can't afford to feel bad, you shouldn't eat this cake" -- and I still ate it. I pray God will spare me the natural consequences of my poor decision.
I think I'll do some dishes and head to bed.
It was nice to be out this evening and connect with friends - even if the movie was lame (I can't even call it a disappointment since I knew it would be just like it was).
Okay. That's all for now.
Aimee |
|
|
|
|
|