jeudi, avril 28, 2005
Carr and Cake
Another post to bring you late breaking news. Today I faxed in my registration form for a continuing studies class at Emily Carr Institute of Art and Design. I am hoping to get into a print making class where we will do: intaglio (drypoint), lithography, and linocut prints. I am very excited to learn more about printmaking. We did a little in highschool but I've done nothing since then. I think that I will love it since it can combine photography and painting. I am a little nervous about actually taking a class at Emily Carr, intimidated. I have resolved that I will be friendly and introduce myself to whomever I am nearby.

I just read that last line and snickered to myself - OF COURSE I WILL BE FRIENDLY - I'm pretty much always friendly. I meant that I'd take more initiative to communicate with others and not just wait for them to talk to me. As I am growing up I am realizing that in situations like this I don't really have anything to lose, so why not just be bold.

Signing up for this class is another step towards fulfilling my recently discovered/awakened dream of going to Art school and becoming more of an artist.

I almost registered for another class - about graphic design. I decided instead to read the manual for the program I use - this will be free and flexible as far as classtimes, and there will be no commute. I just need to be disciplined, I think I can do it.

Well, I know there are tons of things to do -- I'm mostly not thinking about them.

I made quick cake mix cookies as a treat for the girls who've been cleaning - it's 1:30 now and no one has come. I have eaten a third of a cookie and will likely end up eating the rest before too long.

Here is the recipe for the cookies:

1 cake mix (I used Duncan Heinz Fudge Marble, Devil's food works great too)
2 eggs
1/2 cup oil

mix together well
bake at 325 for 10-12 min (they don't look done)

Enjoy.

Okay, now I'll go.
Hope you are all well.

Aimee
posted by Aimee at 1:32 p.m. -
0 Comments:
Publier un commentaire
here i am
Name: Aimee
Home: Canada
About Me:
more...

previously on hummingbird
Archives
place to go people to see
living on less & liking it more
  • Frugal Hacks
  • Like Merchant Ships
  • Smart Canucks
  • Deweys Treehouse



  •