jeudi, octobre 28, 2004
A tiny blog
This week Lance and I have been working on preparing for the class we are teaching next week: Godly Relationships. This is a much anticipated class for some of the students - girls in particular. We'll be addressing friendship, dating, marriage prep. I have been reading many books on this topic and have opinions from my own personal experience. The thing is there are so many differing opinions out there. I have swung back and forth between the "don't date until you know it's the person you'll marry" and "go ahead and date as long as it's someone who has characteristics you'd like in a spouse" camps. I don't know where I stand - but that's not even what is ultimately important. We want to pass on God's truth to the students, not just our own opinions. The tricky part is the Bible doesn't really address dating - I don't think it was part of their culture. This morning I am working on the first session - "The Compulsion for Completeness". The authors of the textbook (Les and Leslie Parrott "Relationships") write, "If you try to find intimacy with another person before achieving a sense of identity on your own, all your relationships become an attempt to complete yourself"

Do any of you have comments about this topic? Opinions? Bible passages? Great books? I'm curious to know your philosophies on dating.

Well, back to work for me. Hope you are all well.

Aimee
posted by Aimee at 10:00 a.m. -
0 Comments:
Publier un commentaire
here i am
Name: Aimee
Home: Canada
About Me:
more...

previously on hummingbird
Archives
place to go people to see
living on less & liking it more
  • Frugal Hacks
  • Like Merchant Ships
  • Smart Canucks
  • Deweys Treehouse



  •