| Prayers for productivity |
Tonight I teach the first of 5 night classes (all Monday nights) of a course called "Art and Soul: the intersection of Christianity and visual arts". By the title perhaps you can tell that the subject matter is extremely broad and can't possibly be fit into five 2.5hr classes. It'll be an introduction to many concepts.
Anyways I'm very excited about it, and apprehensive. I have a tonne of work to get done today. Lance has offered to help with photocopying the reading package and help get my syllabus ready. I am grateful. I need to finalize and type my lecture notes and prepare powerpoint slideshows of images to illustrate the lectures. This is probably the most time consuming thing - I'm hoping to find enough images on the internet, but may need to take some photos from art books, and hopefully the quality will be okay. We'll see.
I've got to keep this post short, but wanted to ask for prayers. I believe in a God who answers even prayers for a procrastinator who should've had this stuff done awhile ago. So please pray for me as I make it through today.
Oh yeah. Tonight's topic is "What is Art" - shouldn't have trouble finding material there. And there is also a studio type part of each class. Tonight I'm teaching about making good photographs and their assignment involves capturing life as it is with a camera.
Thanks so much guys.
I have much more to write which will have to wait for tomorrow.
Aimee |
|
| 4 Comments: |
-
Aimz, i would LOVE to be taking your class. What LUCKY students! I will pray for what you have asked, but may I add on prayers for a perfectionist who may be quite hard on herself in this process - last minute or not? That she might know that all she can do is what she can do, and that she is brilliant and artistic and engaging, and that she will do an AMAZING job.
Will be thinking of you tonight! Love you more than words,
~M
-
I will pray - I used up some of the prep time with visiting in person!! Still rest OK? Thank you Lord for Aimee's loving assistant. The course will be fabulous. It is a gift that it's not all in one week I think! It's OK if some picture quality is not stellar - you have a lot going on. I'll pray that the Holy Spirit will take charge of productivity, quality control, content inspiriation, and rest for the teacher. Have fun - I would love to take the course via live video feed :)
Love, Mom
-
from one procrastinator to the next, may you be blessed with superhuman strength today. Or at least enough strength to make it through the day :O) I hope it goes well for you and you become energized from the task.
-
Aimee, I'm praying too - I understand the perfectionist/procrastinator type :) I'm VERY jealous that I can't be taking your class...a year and a half I took every night class offered...and I think I'm missing the best one :)
Love Kortney
|
| |
|
|
|
|
|
|
Aimz, i would LOVE to be taking your class. What LUCKY students! I will pray for what you have asked, but may I add on prayers for a perfectionist who may be quite hard on herself in this process - last minute or not? That she might know that all she can do is what she can do, and that she is brilliant and artistic and engaging, and that she will do an AMAZING job.
Will be thinking of you tonight! Love you more than words,
~M