| Sick |
Hi everybody. I'm sick. Though this is not my excuse for not blogging in a week.
I just got sick yesterday -- and think kiwi fruit is to blame. What kind of sick am I you ask? I have a cold. How do you get a cold from a kiwi fruit. Here's the scoop. Sunday night I got home from this big worship conference - which I will tell you about another time. I had eaten a lot of junk food on the weekend (a lot for me, nachos twice, pizza, hamburger) and was craving some fruit. I made myself a smoothie - mango raspberry. Just what I needed. Later in the evening I was hungry again so I made myself another smoothie - this time I made a strawberry kiwi one. After the first sip my throat felt fuzzy. I know some people are alergic to kiwis so it crossed my mind that maybe I had developed an allergy. I kept drinking the smoothie and continued to have the fuzzy throat. It wasn't spreading so I wasn't worried. In the morning I had a little sore throat and so attributed the fuzziness the night before to getting sick and not the kiwi. The sore throat disappeared by afternoon. Monday night Lance and I again had smoothies. Since I had determined that the fuzziness wasn't from the kiwi I made myself another kiwi smoothie. First sip... the fuzziness returned. Lance tried my smoothie and also got a fuzzy throat. Now a couple days later I am full blown sick - stuffy nose, sore throat and tired.
So I ask you. Was it the kiwi fruit? And also, what was it about the kiwi that made us get fuzzy throats, when we never had this problem before?
I better go back to work for a bit. And then... have a nap!!!!
Hope you are well.
Aimee |
|
|
|
|
|