lundi, octobre 25, 2004
The Gala
Lance and I got back last night from Fort St John. The gala (a fancy dinner fundraiser for an addictions centre) went well. Lance really enjoyed working with the other musicians. I had a great time talking with Ruth - a student who came along because her boyfriend was playing and she used to live in Fort St John. The food was great. People participated generously in the silent auction. People gave positive feedback about Lance's well planned and executed concert and his thoughtful personal stories. Some negative aspects were things getting way off schedule, cutting into practice time, disruptions to the concert (they were so far behind schedule that they interupted Lance's concert to announce and serve desert - this changed his concert into background music while people talked loudly and ate desert) The night was so off schedule we got to our beds at 4:30am Sunday morning - the itinerary said 12pm. Yikes. The organizers of the event were grateful for the effort Lance and I put into the planning, they appreciated Lance's openess about God's work in his life as it relates to addiction. I drove with Ruth and Aaron - the roads were great, an answer to prayer.

Lance and I are glad to be home. Now the next busy week begins. Next week we are teaching a class on relationships. Friendships, Dating, Preparing for marriage. This week will be spent in hardcore preparation.

Tomorrow morning I am going skiing with my friend Jenna -- this will start my day off well. Guarenteed it will wake me up. Neither of us are that good at cross country skiing but we're trying to learn. I'll report back about how it goes.

I better get to bed.

Aimee
posted by Aimee at 10:29 p.m. -
0 Comments:
Publier un commentaire
here i am
Name: Aimee
Home: Canada
About Me:
more...

previously on hummingbird
Archives
place to go people to see
living on less & liking it more
  • Frugal Hacks
  • Like Merchant Ships
  • Smart Canucks
  • Deweys Treehouse



  •