| Recipe and House |
Hi guys, here's the recipe:
Angelic Devil's Food Cake from "What to eat when you're expecting"
1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour 1/2 cup wheat germ (I used wheat bran, worked fine) 2 tsp baking powder 2 tsp baking soda 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa (be generous here) 1/4 veg oil 1 3/4 cups apple juice concentrate (exactly 1 can - the frozen kind) 1/2 cup strong brewed decaf coffee (probably decaf cause this is a pregnancy book and there's already caffeine from the cocoa) 1 whole egg 2 egg whites (I just used two whole eggs instead of doing the dividing, I'm not worried about cholesterol) 1 tsp vanilla extract (I added 1 cup of finely chopped walnuts for protein)
Preheat oven to 325 F. With mixer combine all dry ingredients plus oil, juice concentrate, and coffee. Beat until smooth. Then add eggs and vanilla. Beat untill thouroughly mixed. (I mixed the dry ingredients together and then added the wet all at once and it turned out fine). Pour batter into a greased and floured 9x13 pan. Bake until top springs back - or toothpick/knife comes out clean. About 30-35 min. Yum yum yum. Enjoy!!!
Ice with whipped cream and top with a fruit sauce and this would be spectacular.
Lance never ended up tasting this cake so I can't give you a "normal" tastebud opinion.
Here are some recent photos (as in, since thursday). We officially have our house now. We got possesion on Thursday. We had a potluck supper with friends and family on our new deck.

Here you'll see the Jensen's, Friedrichs, Lance's folks (Bernell and Linda), Jane (Lance's sister), Tim (our Resident Coordinator at CLBI) and Lance.
On Friday morning we went to Edmonton and checked out a number of furniture stores looking for a couch. We have never owned a couch and after much discussion decided to go out and buy a new one. Ikea was the winning store, for style and price. We selected a couch and headed to the warehouse section to pick it up. Lance suggested we pop buy the "as-is" section first saying, "Maybe there's a red couch sitting there that we think is beautiful but other people think is ugly". Well wouldn't you know it. We round the corner and see the exact couch we had selected in the showroom - same colour, same style - sitting in the as-is section. It was the display model! It was in totally great condition, but $130 less than the regular price. Wow. I felt this was a pretty specific blessing from Jesus to me. It may sound funny to say this about a couch, but I have been trying to notice lately how Jesus knows me well and blesses me in ways that are specific to me. That red couch was exactly that.
Here's me, super happy, sitting on the couch waiting for Lance to bring the car/van around to load it up. The couch is red corduroy.

We had a figure in mind that a new couch would cost and we were able to leave Ikea with a new couch and two new chairs (POANG chairs, like my folks have in their living room) for only $13 more than the price we intened to spend on a couch! Hurray for savings!
Well the couch and chairs barely fit in our vehicle. Take a close look at Lance pictured here as he drove the hour home from Edmonton. Believe you me, the wigglers and I weren't overly comfortable either.

While we were in Edmonton Lance's wonderful parents were cleaning our house and tearing apart the basement -- where there will be a bathroom added and some other changes that I will keep you posted about. Just after we arrived home we had some visitors. Lloyd and Lilas are friends of CLBI -- Lloyd volunteers often with maintenance stuff. We invited them in and didn't mean to put them to work, but work they did. Both of them are very knowledgable and handy. They helped tear apart some of the basement. Pictured are Lilas, Lloyd and Bernell.

Today we picked paint colours. Which I will leave you in suspense about. Bernell, Linda and Lance are painting as I type this. I've been packing back at CLBI. But of course a bloggin break is welcome.
Read the gospels of Matthew and John regarding Jesus betrayal and death. It stuck out to me that he was planning this all along. He could've avoided being arrested. He could gone to a place Judas wouldn't have known, but instead went to a garden where he and his disciples had gone often. Even Jesus himself said that if his kingdom were of this world he could've had his followers fight and prevent his arrest. It was the plan. It was for us. It was for rescue. For reunion. To bring us to God. I want this to soak in.
Blessings on you tonight.
Aimee |
|
| 5 Comments: |
-
Oh JOY photos. Lance's glasses are great - he looks like a musician/artist type :) Aimee you are SO happy in the loading area. Squishy ride home. Did the people leave their patio furniture? Fun fun - sorta wish we could be there.
Love, Mom
-
I just love the picture of Lance driving with his knees on the windsheild. ahhhh.
-
49 days - out of the fifties. The Wigglers' are zooming down the track - God bless em.
I love you, Mom
-
thanks for the update, friend! Congratulations on your new couch - what a blessing indeed. I know the feeling of feeling like something is specifically a gift to me from God, but to other people that might sound silly.
You look beautiful as always, and very happy.
Love ~M
-
i LOVE that couch! what a great find! and hurrah for savings!
hey, by the way, did lance mention the funny phone call he made to me last week?! he kinda freaked me out at first, thinking there was something wrong with my sister! but all is well and we had a good laugh.
|
| |
|
|
|
|
|
|
Oh JOY photos. Lance's glasses are great - he looks like a musician/artist type :) Aimee you are SO happy in the loading area. Squishy ride home. Did the people leave their patio furniture? Fun fun - sorta wish we could be there.
Love,
Mom