mercredi, mars 22, 2006
Packed and on my way
Tomorrow I fly to BC! Hooray.

Today I had a doctor's appointment. Everything is going just fine. The wigglers were really acting up when I was waiting in the examing room. I figured that the doctor would feel and hear them moving when he'd check for the heartbeats. I liked this thought. I was talking to mom tonight and I said, "I wanted him to feel them moving because I'm proud of them". They don't do much at this stage, so I'm proud of whatever they do! So he totally did hear them moving around and actually could only get one heartbeat reading because the other little one was wiggling around so much! He wasn't concerned about not getting a reading, because there was so much movement.

Weight gain since last time= 6.6lbs

I'm measuring 36 weeks (and I'm just over 27). The doctor said, "You can't hide 28 weeks with twins".

I had to wait an hour again for my appointment -- which isn't so bad if you're expecting it.

Update on the sore throat: It did materialize and Lance and I have been trying to take it easy since Sunday. The only work I've done is prepare for and teach my Monday night class. Tuesday and today have included lots of napping.

I've been getting up a ridiculous number of times in the night lately -- last night was possibly a record - 5 times.

In other news. Today I got a night guard. Yes folks, I'm a teeth grinder. Hopefully this will help. I'm not really looking forward to using it - tonight will be the first try. Unfortunately my night time snacking will conflict with the night guard - I can't just snack and put it back in, I'll have to brush first. Perhaps this will lead to cutting down on night time snacking. My weight gain is coming along very nicely so perhaps there is less need. We'll see.

Lance bought me a daisy plant today. It is lovely. He knew that since I'm leaving tomorrow I'd only get to enjoy it today (unless it keeps blooming for awhile) but he really wanted me to have flowers today. Even when he's sick too he is encouraging to me. We've enjoyed getting to be around each other a lot more since we've been resting a lot.

I'm going to miss him on this trip.

Well, I better double check I've packed what I need, then have a snack and head to bed. We leave at 4:30am tomorrow -- yuck.

I'm leaving winter and heading to spring.

Hope you are well.

Aimee
posted by Aimee at 8:24 p.m. -
3 Comments:
  • At 8:52 a.m., Blogger Shannon said…

    measuring 37 weeks at 27 weeks sure does humble me over my last month of whining and feeling overly pregnant. I am SO happy to hear that they are growing so steady and healthy though... even if you do end up measuring 80 weeks by the end ;)

    Have a safe and lovely trip. Maybe Lance can nurse the daisy for you while you are gone. Such a sweet gesture.s

     
  • At 10:42 a.m., Blogger Kristal Sawyer said…

    I agree with Shannon--if you're looking like you're 36 weeks now how will you feel when you're actually there? I too need to stop whining!

    Praise God for these miracles though...I feel like I have such a big smile on my face from just one baby...your smile must be double my size!

    Have SOOO much fun while you're in Abbotsford...say hi from me!

     
  • At 11:22 p.m., Blogger kortney said…

    Do you feel so lucky and excited for being in British Columbia right now? The high was 16 today in case you were wondering - that broke the record set in 1939 of 14. And when I saw that I thought of Jordon being in cold Alberta, and then I thought of you and you must be so excited to feel warm sunshine!

    Thanks for the note in my blog - I'm very excited!!

    Be Blessed,
    Kortney

     
Publier un commentaire
here i am
Name: Aimee
Home: Canada
About Me:
more...

previously on hummingbird
Archives
place to go people to see
living on less & liking it more
  • Frugal Hacks
  • Like Merchant Ships
  • Smart Canucks
  • Deweys Treehouse



  •