vendredi, février 24, 2006
Our New Home
Well, yesterday we removed the subjects from the offer -- which means that the house is officially going to be ours on April 13th! Here are some photos from yesterday. By the way the building inspection went great -- the guy kept saying that everything was above average. Nice to hear.



Here we are at our new home.



When you come in the front door there is a little entry way and then the living room/dining room. This photo is looking towards the front of the house from the living room.



If you turn around and face the back of the house you'll see the dining area, and Lance too.



Going to your right through the doorway you'll enter the kitchen, my favorite room in the house.



Here I am in the kitchen.



This is a shot from the deck - which we are really looking forward to using.



This will be the guestroom/den. Note the wainscotting.



Downstairs this is what will be the office/artspace. The stairs are directly opposite the computer.



This is the nursery to be. It is directly behind where I was when I took the office/artspace photo.



This room, and photo of the room, requires the most imagination. This will be our room. It is the "rumpus room" currently and not closed off from the office/artspace area. We plan to just hang a curtain to separate it into a room -- instead of renovating and actually building it into a room -- which would really break up the current open feel of the basement. I figure our bed will be under the window (where the oppressive entertainment center is now).



Here's a shot of the garden, which I am very excited about. We'll see if anything happens there during this busy summer. Maybe I'll throw in some seeds and if we water them and they grow, great. If we neglect them and they die, that's okay too.

Not pictured is the bathroom upstairs - it's small so it was hard to get a good photo. A planned renovation is adding a basement bathroom as well as moving the laundry upstairs into our back entry way -- also not pictured.

Anyways there's the tour. I walked by the house to see if the sold sign was up, I guess I was a little too keen and they hadn't put it up yet. I can wait.

Hope you are well. I'm off to have a nap. And then I absolutely must do some art. You may recall that Friday is art day -- yeah, I've kind of been on a sabbatical from art day. Time to get back at it.

Aimee
posted by Aimee at 12:17 p.m. -
14 Comments:
  • At 12:56 p.m., Blogger Kathy said…

    Darling. I really like the babys' room a lot. Also love your kitchen even more seeing the stove area and you by it. Lance looks great in the dining room. The livingroom windows are FABULOUS - I value light highly!! Thank you for all the pictures and tour. You guys look very happy in front of your new home. What a blessing. You, Aimee, also look BIG - praise God.

    Love,
    Mom

     
  • At 3:29 p.m., Blogger brent said…

    THe colors are very cool...congrats! Won't have possession by welcome weekend though...too bad :(

     
  • At 3:38 p.m., Blogger Kate said…

    Aimee,

    I LOVE the kitchen. I'm totally drooling over it - and the rest of the house it beautiful too. The only thing I don't like are the curtains, which remind me of a camping trailer...sorry if that's too blunt, but I figured it'd be ok because they aren't yours. Nice colours on the walls...nice basement...wonderful. Oh, and I didn't comment on your last weight gain post but that's GREAT too.

     
  • At 4:06 p.m., Anonymous Anonyme said…

    Hi Aimee, Marsha here. I LOVE the house. It looks like it is completely in "move-in" condition ... except perhaps for some paint in your bedroom - but that is such a small job. I can't believe the kitchen ... absolutely gorgeous - straight out of Canadian Homes and Gardens. I love the "corner" window in the living room.

     
  • At 4:23 p.m., Blogger Shannon said…

    oh so cute!!!! The kitchen gives off a 30's sort of feel. I love the plate racks. my fiestaware would look really nice there :O)

    congrats on such an exciting time!!

     
  • At 12:27 a.m., Blogger kortney said…

    Awww Aimee, it's beautiful and so perfectly you.
    But here I am left wondering (perhaps this is blonde of me...??), what is a wainscotting?

    Love Kortney

     
  • At 7:33 a.m., Blogger Melanie said…

    Aimz, it is BEAUTIFUL. What an amazing way to welcome the wigglers into the world!! I am soo excited to come visit you there and work in your garden and hold the wigglers on the deck and....uh-oh --- here comes my laugh/cry combo. Congrats my friend. I love you more than words.

    M

     
  • At 8:50 a.m., Blogger Kathy said…

    OK we have a summer garden plan developing =VOLUNTEERS! Melanie is the first. Hold the wigglers or work in the garden. I will take a turn - who else??

    wowofjtn - my word verification says this will be wowo fun.

     
  • At 12:49 p.m., Blogger Cara said…

    thank you God for such abundant provision. Love you guys!

     
  • At 6:43 p.m., Blogger Shannon said…

    Kortney, I had to look it up too. The top of the wall is regular and the bottom half has the wooden panneling :) very pretty. and now I know what it is called.

     
  • At 11:19 p.m., Blogger kortney said…

    Thanks Shannon for letting me know. I couldn't figure it out.
    It is very beautiful though Aimee!

     
  • At 10:35 p.m., Blogger Lisa-Marie said…

    Congrats on finding a home! It' looks like an awesome place to live! Can't wait to come by and visit you there.... (since I'd feel totally awkward visiting you in the dorms lol) You're looking great too Pandemonium (Oops I meant to type Aimee... weird, must be thinking of camp days) Hope to see you again someday soon...
    PS Is this Brent guy aka Switch or is he someone else? (I can't tell from the picture)...
    Luv LM-2

     
  • At 6:25 p.m., Blogger Jana said…

    Aimee, I love the look of your new house - it's very cozy and homey! It looks like a really nice neighborhood to settle in and raise twins, speaking of which... you look faboulous! You definitely don't look like you're carrying 2 kiddies, but how exciting! I didn't mean to crash your blog, but I saw the link on Kristal's! Jana

     
  • At 7:28 a.m., Blogger Cara said…

    wowzers...looks like we should get a new home so I get more comments on my blog. Just kidding. Here's to number 14 comment.

     
Publier un commentaire
here i am
Name: Aimee
Home: Canada
About Me:
more...

previously on hummingbird
Archives
place to go people to see
living on less & liking it more
  • Frugal Hacks
  • Like Merchant Ships
  • Smart Canucks
  • Deweys Treehouse



  •