| Awaiting Arrivals |
Today I'm 32 weeks! Wow, we're almost done. There are obviously many things that we have as goals to complete/gather/buy before these little ones come. Finish the basement. Buy diapers. Get a dresser. Finalize names (with backups incase the gender discernment was wrong). Buy my long saved for and anticipated Digital SLR Camera.
Well today one of those things can be checked off the list. Here's photos of the camera and lense I just ordered:

This is the Canon 30D. This type of camera is called an SLR (single lense reflex). With this camera I will have complete control over all sorts of settings as well as having a number of automatic features at my finger tips. I anticipate using this camera to take portraits -- first of me in my very pregnant state, then of our new littles ones... I hope to have the opportunity in the future to do wedding photographs, this camera will be great for that. It will also be very useful for pursing artistic dreams.

Here is the Canon EF 24-70mm 2.8 L USM. This is the lens I ordered and I am almost more excited about it than the camera. A quality lens is very important and the reviews I read about this one couldn't have been better. Features about the lens I like -- super high quality construction, ability to take pictures in low light with a flash, a nice amount of zoom, and that snazzy red stripe.
It took quite awhile to decide what exactly to buy and where to buy it from. I'm breathing a sigh of relief now that they're ordered. I am blessed to be able to be making this purchase. We've been saving for this for quite awhile and I've been given gifts to go towards this purchase. The actual camera ended up being quite a bit less than I thought, this allowed me to pick a higher quality lens. I'm grateful to those who have encouraged and enabled this purchase to happen.
I know I'm behind on sharing news with you guys. News from the last prenatal appointment: from our most recent ultrasound they estimate the babies to be around 4lbs each! This is incredible for this stage in the game. The bigger they are the better, especially if they happen to enter this world a little early. In answer to Shannon's question regarding the babyticker. It is adjusted to have my due date being June 5 which is 38 weeks. Sometimes twins stay in longer than that so we'll see. Also, my doctor let me take a different version of the typical test that screens for Gestational diabetes -- I was grateful that he didn't make me drink the sugar mixture, since I don't eat sugar anyways. Turns out I'm fine as far as that goes -- which I was pretty sure about. My iron levels are quite low so now I'm on an extra iron supplement -- and this may be an overshare, but it is blessing to me, so far no constipation! (iron supplements are notorious for causing constipation)
Grad is on Saturday and all the students will be gone by Sunday night. Wow the school year went quickly. I will probably work until the second week of May, wrapping up and transferring over my internship job.
Packing, yes, that is something I need to get working on more dilligently too.
The grass is becoming green here and I now have tonnes of freckles!
Well, I'm hungry so I better get going. Hope you are well.
Aimee |
|
| 9 Comments: |
-
Be sure to take lots of vitamin C to help your bady absorb all of the iron. I had low levels with both my boys and the C helps your body to absorb it so that you don't get the constipation. Good Luck!!
-
oops Body not bady. and very nice camera.
-
YAY! for no constipation. Matt was once constipated and we had a babysitter who was really worried that his appendix was going to blow (or something equally horrendous!) No, not overshare - good news.
Congratulations about the camera too - I've read books on photography that are all like 'if you're a professional, you should have a Digital SLR and a really good quality lense'...I've never seen a picture of yours that wasn't spectacular and professional, so I think you'll do a wonderful job with this new camera.
-
nice choice on the camera friends. we'll have to go picture taking sometime together and compare shots. i wish i had a 2.5 inch lcd screen to preview my shots.
-
Pregnancy in general causes constipation. I remember with Ellie it got so bad that I jokingly said I was going to put myself on the church prayer list.
4 pounds each! That is such good news. Praise God. I'm sure that helped ease some of your anxieties about delivering early.
and congrats on the camera purchase. I know nothing about cameras but I can feel the same excitement for getting equipment that helps you do what you love.
-
Hey Aimee, just found your blog. Congrats on the babies soon to be born, and Congradulations on the camera! And excellent choice too. Way to go cannon, and what a wicked lens.
-
I'm so happy for your camera. I think you would be a good family and children's photographer too. That may fit in your busier schedule better. Of course you will be busy photographing your family - WOW.
Love, Mom
-
Aimz, First, I miss you more than words could ever make sense of. Second, I am INSANELY excited about your camera - maybe even disproportionately so, but I don't think so. You without a camera is not something that should ever happen again.
So happy for you.
M
-
Hi Aimee,
Congratulations re: the size of those babes. Please give yourself permission to rest - my friend who just had twins had to sit sit sit towards the end. But 32 weeks & 4 pounds is great. I had all kinds of iron problems. The best iron supplement I found is made by Floradix & available at health food stores. It does not constipate & tastes decent - like Ribena. This product wins lots of awards for "good health food product".
|
| |
|
|
|
|
|
|
Be sure to take lots of vitamin C to help your bady absorb all of the iron. I had low levels with both my boys and the C helps your body to absorb it so that you don't get the constipation.
Good Luck!!