| Can't imagine |
Hi guys, a quick note.
We are so busy here - mostly nursing and eating and sleeping for me. Mom and Lance do most of the burping and diaper changing. I can't even imagine sitting down and blogging - or reading you guys' blogs. So keep checking mom's blog if you want updates on our new family. I think I'm on a blogging sabbatical for a while. Actually I think I'm on sabbatical from a lot of things.
Things are going really well. Of course we are very tired. Nights are hard. Little Elijah fusses/cries/wails for a couple hours before falling asleep. Seems to go from 12 - 2am -- but of course there really is no routine and nothing is predictable. Eva is more easy going and isn't bothered by her brothers crying. We are grateful for this.
They are beautiful blessings and I still can't believe we have two babies. A huge blessing that is a lot of work. I'm trying to savor the moments. Cuddling a bit after nursing instead of just passing them off to Lance or mom to burp and change. Trying to soak them up and enjoy them, not just make it from one feeding to the next. Their beauty helps me enjoy them. When they have their little eyes open they are magnets for my eyes. Can't stop looking at them.
Trying to sleep when they sleep, this is not going great, things seem to come up and then they're awake and ready to eat again. Going to make more of an effort to sleep more throughout the day.
Okay, I think I better go.
Aimee
ps. I am healing well from the c-section. Trying to take it easy and think I am succeeding. Lance and mom are incredible helps.
pps. please keep praying for us. |
|
| 10 Comments: |
-
thanks for posting. i agree -- you should choose sleep over blogging. we miss you but you need rest! you are looking so well (from kathy's blog). I am amazed how you've snapped back already, and despite being incredibly tired (so you say), your eyes look lively and joy-filled. it'll get better -- very wise to soak in the cuddle moments. :) -de
-
HI Aimee and Lance,
I just wanted to say Congatuation and I'm glad to hear all is well. I hope you two have an awesome summer with the two new little blessings in your life. Enjoy every moment of it. God Bless you.
Love Tamara Fortier
-
Great to hear that note from you Aimee - I'm diligently checking Kathy's blog for news and updates, and I think your children are adorable. Oh yes, definitely sleep over blogging - leave that to Kathy. I'll still miss you though:)
You're looking very beautiful in the pictures.
Katelyn
-
Hey there Aimee... I still don't have your email address, so I thought I'll just send you one through here... I just want to say that seeing you and talking to you today at church, really made me feel good. I had been having some problems, and was beginning to feel like no one really cared nor understood me about the different things happening in my life, but you took the time to listen to me today (my throat hurts, from trying not to cry...) despite the fact that there were others around, and reminded me that I am cared for and that God timing is always perfect... I needed to hear that from you as I was getting frustrated and was feeling really down. Thank you Aimee for spending a moment to listen to me and to ask me how I was doing, it was greatly appreciated. Love you lots.
-
hi logan wonders how those crazy twins are doin'? and, how crazy lance is doing. i (bonnie) just love looking at your blog- it fills my heart with joy to see pictures of you with the wigglers. Phew, now I can stop referring to them as "THE TWINS". I think soon we shall paddle across the lake and bring a picnic- hoping we can make it past the swans. we really like you guys a lot:)
-
Hey Odegards...just caught up on your blog. I laughed and I cried... :-) Parenthood is a wonderful thing and You two are great at it! I love your babes, take care of each other.
Claire Zip
-
Aimee, I am so excited for you and Lance as you begin this journey, and you are definitely not far from my thoughts! I'm so glad your mom has come during the adjustment phase - I know she's a huge help. And your babies are precious and beautiful :)
-
Saw a bumper sticker today that made me think of you "Experience Wildlife - Raise Twins". I know you two will be awesome parents. Many blessings, Kristen
-
Dearest Aimee Just a quick note to let you know that I am praying for your family as I rock little Anna Jane. I have been spending nights at her house to help her mom and dad. I want to thank you for the personal email you sent Carolyn as it helps her to see what she is going thro' is normal. Love to you all grandma alice
-
Hi, this is Janie (maybe you remember me... i was a camp luther gal, and was in your DOC group when in high school). I am so thrilled to have stumbled upon your blog. I found it through a series of other blogs. I am sooooooo happy for you and your double the cuteness babies. I just had a baby gal (corrina Jamie Joy Colvinson) in January, and i am loving it! I cannot imagine having too. They are stunningly beautiful! Wow! You look GREAT, and from the pics i saw on your mom's blog although you are tired there is much joy in your face! I hope you continue to recover quickly and that things start to settle down... routine eventually happens! Enjoy every single milky smile!
Janie (come visit me at my blog if you like www.youcanspellthis.blogspot.com)
|
| |
|
|
|
|
|
|
thanks for posting. i agree -- you should choose sleep over blogging. we miss you but you need rest! you are looking so well (from kathy's blog). I am amazed how you've snapped back already, and despite being incredibly tired (so you say), your eyes look lively and joy-filled. it'll get better -- very wise to soak in the cuddle moments. :)
-de