mercredi, septembre 21, 2005
Today
Some things that happened today:

1. Fire drill early this morning. I laid in bed from 5am - 6am waiting for the alarm to go off. I knew it was coming but it happened later than planned. Got to go back to bed which helped with sleep, also had a lovely nap later in the afternoon. I'm not in the office on Wednesdays so that is nice.

2. I painted. Yesterday and today have been good as far as art making. I'm learning to be disciplined and just do it, instead of waiting till I feel like it. I did a quick sketch type tempera painting and began an acrylic on canvas. I've discovered that I love to paint in the kitchen. I have an art room set up as a studio but never like painting there. It's on the north side of our apartment so it's dark. I like the sunny kitchen, this may be my new spot -- as long as I clean up after myself.

3. We had an outdoor adventure with our discipleship group. We went to a near by park and started off with a relay which Lance invented. We got into pairs. One person from each pair had to roll down this HUGE hill (either log roll or somersault) and then run up it and tag their partner. The partner would then run down and back up the hill backwards. Lance and I were a team. I knew that if I rolled down the hill I would feel very sick for a long time, so Lance rolled. Turned out that by the time he ran up the hill to tag me all the other teams were totally done, so I didn't end up running at all. Lance felt so sick. After that we played a calmer game. We then huddled on picnic table benches and shared our highs and lows - this has become a habit for us (thanks Abarbanels for introducing us to this idea). Then we opened the huge backpack we brought and unloaded blankets and toques to keep people warm. We also enjoyed a delicious snack. Lance had made hot chocolate -- FROM SCRATCH -- and I had baked gingersnaps which were still soft and warm. While we enjoyed the snack we read from the book "Waking the Dead" by John Eldredge. The first chapter is very good. I haven't read beyond that but if it continues on this track, I would recommend it. Following reading we had an excellent discussion in which everyone but one person shared thoughtful insights (clarification, it wasn't that one person's insights weren't thoughtful, they just didn't share anything). We arrived back at the school not long ago, and my feet are beginning to thaw. It is 3 degrees tonight!

4. Confession. You may have noticed I used "we" when writing about enjoying a delicious snack. Yes, I am included in that we. When I was baking the cookies I thought, I will cheat and eat a sugar laden cookie tonight. That wouldn't have been bad. But, truth be told, I ate two and a half cookies and a cup of hot chocolate. Yikes, and that's not counting the half a cookie I ate before we left to make sure they were good. A disappointing thing about the cookies I made (we also had peanut butter cookies brought by a student - his grandma had made them) was that they weren't very zippy. I wonder if my ginger is too old. When I cheat and eat sugar I like to make it worthwhile. The peanut butter cookie dipped in hot chocolate was definately worth while. yum. Hopefully I will sleep off this sugar overdose and not have to face the consequences, we'll see.

5. Really enjoyed being a part of CLBI today.

6. Today I read the details about the latest addition to the Engler family (Al & Denise). They had a little girl on Monday and she is beautiful. New life is a miracle and I thank God for adding her to their family. Her name is Cherith and you can see pictures of her on their blog.

Well, that's all for now, I think.

Aimee
posted by Aimee at 10:40 p.m. -
0 Comments:
Publier un commentaire
here i am
Name: Aimee
Home: Canada
About Me:
more...

previously on hummingbird
Archives
place to go people to see
living on less & liking it more
  • Frugal Hacks
  • Like Merchant Ships
  • Smart Canucks
  • Deweys Treehouse



  •