mercredi, août 03, 2005
Important Announcements
Two announcements.

1. I would like to formally welcome Kortney (friend and former CLBI student) and Steven (record producer/engineer and my brother) to the readership of this blog. Apparently my blog brightened Kortney's day at work. I don't think Steven will keep reading unless I post more pictures soon.

2. Speaking of my brother, he has recently been a world traveller and recently become a blogger. Yes, you heard me right. For those of you who haven't been readers from Hummingbird's humble beginnings (and for those of you who may have forgotten) here is a quote from June 9th 2004:

" I told my brother the other day that I have a blog - thought he might be interested - and he said, "I hate blogs". I bet he can't see why you'd want to read the details of someone's life. Oh well."

Well, now that same brother has his own blog -- which I have added to the links section.

A number of times lately I have thought of blogging -- I know in the blogging world it is not the thought that counts -- but then I forget what I was going to write about. Here are some of the things I remember.

YeeHaw!!! Last Friday Lance took me to the Agrifair (Abbotsfords country fair with livestock, rides, mini donuts etc) so that we could watch the rodeo. I was very excited and had told Lance that this was important to me. "We'll make it a date" he said. So we set out, bought some mini donuts -- a forbidden favorite of mine -- which I had half a bag, without the sugar sprinkling -- and found some seats on a grassy hill from which to watch the "Mighty Fraser Bud Pro Rodeo". What a mouthful. The first event - after numerous introductions of sponsors - was women's barrel racing. After watching a couple cowgirls race I turned to Lance and said in an enthusiastic voice, "I LOVE barrel racing". He chuckled. I love barrel racing... how come I had never mentioned that before in our three years of marriage and numerous years of dating? I guess I was caught up in the moment. Anyways there was also calf roping, steer wrestling, bronc riding (bare back and saddle) and bull riding. What a great time we had. We enjoyed another split bag of mini donuts before heading home.

On Sunday night we went to watch the Agrifair fireworks. I laughed before leaning over and telling Lance, "I love fireworks" -- It's true I do. We didn't want to pay to watch the fireworks so we sat in a field and enjoyed them from a ways back. Unfortunately they didn't fill up the sky like they should've. At first I thought it was due to where we were sitting, but during the finale there were some huge bursts that did fill the sky -- I guess they only have so much money to work with. I really need to get into Vancouver one of these summers and watch the amazing fireworks displays they have there.

Right now I'm at "Sapphire Sound" the studio my brother works at. He is currently doing the mixes for Lance's upcoming album -- at this exact moment he is editing drums.

Platinum Blonde readers will know that Melanie, Zoe and I had a fabulous day together on Monday. What spent 12 hours together. Highlights included: me facing an enormous leech and living to tell about it, having a spa session on the beach of a lake, hiking, a tonne of laughing, getting to know Zoe -- I came home and told Lance, "She's my friend now" (he chuckled, perhaps because that sounds like such a little girl thing to say), eating lovely food together, honest sharing, swimming in the very cold but leechless ocean... What a fabulous day -- see Platinum Blonde for pictures.

Thanks for the popcorn responses. My brother was baffled by how you guys respond to any questions I ask. Maybe all he needs to do is ask questions on his blog and he'll get lots of responses too.

Well, I think that's all for tonight, and really, I will try to blog more frequently from now on. Maybe a picture of two as well.

Aimee
posted by Aimee at 11:11 p.m. -
0 Comments:
Publier un commentaire
here i am
Name: Aimee
Home: Canada
About Me:
more...

previously on hummingbird
Archives
place to go people to see
living on less & liking it more
  • Frugal Hacks
  • Like Merchant Ships
  • Smart Canucks
  • Deweys Treehouse



  •