| Two Dreams |
Lance asked me a couple days ago if I had been dreaming lately – I usually have wild dreams and share them with him in the morning. I guess I hadn’t been telling him about my dreams. Well the past two mornings I’ve had quite the dreams to share. I thought they’d make good blog material so here they are:
Dream #1 “Dorm Parents Nightmare”
Periodically I have dreams about our work at CLBI where the students totally don’t respect me. Usually it’s about curfew.
I woke up sweating and tense. The reason? The students were running rampant long after curfew. Curfew is 11pm on weekdays – and in the dream they were all in the courtyard making plans to go out on the town at 3:15am! There I was (Lance must’ve been away, leaving me in charge – long time readers may remember a past entry – Jan 27 – where Lance was away and I had to deal with a wild student adventure) trying to gain control, while trying not to sound like a bag. Finally I said, “Okay, you can go out but you should think about the consequences”, someone mockingly mentioned work fines – which is our main consequence for breaking curfew. Then I said, “And remember, you all have class at 8 in the morning and I will be coming through the dorms to wake you up, and I’ll have water”. One student – a particularly nice girl who rarely has a bad attitude – looks at me challengingly and calls my bluff, “You wouldn’t do that”. What could I say? Somewhat snarkely I replied, “I never said what I was going to do with the water”. Oooh, great comeback. There was a bit more to the dream but I’ll leave it at that.
Dream #2 “Wild Wedding”
Last night we ran into a friend who is a wedding photographer and she described a disastrous wedding she had just done the photos for (complete with the one year old son of the groom needing stitches). This must’ve made it’s way into my subconscious and affected my dream.
The dream began with Melanie and I in my bedroom (at my folk’s place) choosing clothes to wear for a wedding we were attending. Melanie was wearing at green dress and was quite excited about heading into my mom’s garden to find a flower to pin on her dress. I must’ve been in a wild mood because the clothes I was trying on were crazy combinations – the colours matched but the mixing of patterns was too much. Moving on. The wedding we were attending was Leah’s!
That’s right – fellow blogger Beah starred in this dream. We arrived at the wedding and found seats in the balcony of the church – which was actually a cross between a garden conservatory (glass walls and roof) and a cathedral. Upon sitting down we realized that because of a poorly constructed balcony we couldn’t see the front of the church from our seats. We walked to the edge of the balcony and could see that Lance had saved us seats on the main floor – right by the aisle. Great. The problem was that the wedding was almost beginning. Now in real life I tend to arrive late for things and have arrived at a wedding at the same time the bride is entering (awkward moment greeting the bride before she walks down the aisle). Anyways, we decided we’d run down and try to make it to those seats before the bridesmaids and Leah entered. We didn’t quite make it and actually ended up in the aisle with the bridesmaids. I was able to slip into a seat and avoid being there long – but Melanie, finding herself directly in front of the bridesmaids decided to make the most of the situation and strut her stuff. She walked a ways down the aisle – like a cheesy model, swiveling her hips and holding her chin up – and then found a seat. Leah turned to me (boy was I glad to be sitting) and full of frustration whispered forcefully, “Aimee, who were those people?!!?!” (I think one of my brothers was also with Melanie in the aisle) Before I could respond she recognized Melanie and said to her with a mix of incredulity, sadness, and anger, “Melanie!?!?”
Before I add the final details of the dream (the wedding did go on) I must say that Leah was not her usual beautiful self – she had a very short, puffy haircut that didn’t suit her and was not stylish. Okay so the wedding went on and Leah and her bridesmaids, in the pink iridescent dresses, made their way down the aisle. If you read my mom’s blog you’ll know we were recently at a wedding where there was a dove release – well a version of that made it into my dream. There were two men – one on each side of the aisle that were involved in a pigeon arch of sorts (sorry Leah, not even doves) One man would release the pigeon and it would fly over the aisle to the other man, who would catch it and release it back to the other fellow. They shuffled their way along the sides of the aisle making a pigeon ark over the girls – that’s tempting fate, or Murphy’s Law, who wants pigeon poop on their wedding dress?
That’s it, I woke up before the wedding finished. Again I woke up somewhat tense, I mean we almost ruined the wedding by trying to rush down the aisle to our seats. Isn’t it interesting that my mind conveniently had Melanie strutting down the aisle and myself avoiding that. Sorry Melanie.
Since I didn’t go to Leah’s wedding I don’t know how accurately this dream reflected her actual wedding – maybe we’ll need to see a photo from her wedding as proof of how it actually was.
Well, I guess this turned out to be a long blog – I hope you laughed.
Aimee |
|
|
|
|
|