| Winnipeg and Cute Boys |
Hello Folks,
So, it has been awhile. Right now Lance and I are in Winnipeg visiting our very good friends Phil and Ingrid and their little boys Silas and Beck. Phil and Lance have been friends since boyhood. After they got married (five years ago this summer) Phil and Ingrid moved to Vancouver. We really enjoyed getting them often when we lived out that way too. They moved to Winnipeg the same summer we moved to Camrose. They are very important people to us. Since we were in Saskatchewan for a wedding we thought we'd keep heading east and visit them. It'll be a long drive home to BC. As Melanie pointed out before we left, it's half the country -- and she should know, having made many trips across this great land.
We arrived here yesterday evening and have been enjoying our time immensely. I got to babysit the boys for a bit today. Both are just getting over being sick so they are especially cuddly - nice! Silas is 4 and Beck is 1 and a half. They are so cute we can't get over it. It is so fun to get to talk with Silas and goof around with Beck. Lance is absolutely crazy for these fellas.
Silas asked me today if he could be me when he grew up. Ahhh. How touching. But honestly, the reason he wants to be me is because I was a "stamping machine". We were playing with a stamp today and he was having a hard time making good stamps on the paper - I was quite good at it and he called me a "stamping machine". It was in that context that he wanted to be me. Still cute.
Guilt relief. I had been feeling guilty about not getting some internship work done -- but at the wedding we were at I was able to tie up two important loose ends - that feels good.
Maybe that's all for tonight. Have a deep sleep.
Aimee |
|
|
|
|
|