dimanche, juin 04, 2006
Can Shopping start labor?
So, nothing yet. The back pain last night subsided and the night and day have been uneventful as far as the wigglers making an exit is concerned.

We went to church this morning -- Lance played 'special music' during the offering. When they asked him he said he couldn't commit - they said no problem, if we didn't show up they'd get praying! Today was the installation (a funny term I think) of our new pastor -- friend and former colleague at Camp Luther and CLBI, Dean Rostad. We look forward to having him be our pastor.

At church I was talking to a few friends about how we need a bed frame -- you may have noticed from the photo of the bedroom that our bed is on the floor. This is not intentional, but due to the age of our home the stairwell is not very deep and didn't accomodate the size of our box spring. The frame we had our bed on doesn't work without a box spring. So Ikea to the rescue we thought. I've been apprehensive about leaving town - Ikea is an hour away. I thought what if I go into labor when we're in Edmonton, do we just beetle on back to Camrose? Anyways I talked to these friends (one maternity nurse and two mothers of three) and they thought it would be totally fine -- and perhaps even get things going, which would be great. So the decision was made. Lance, Jenna (the maternity nurse friend) and I went to Ikea this afternoon. It was good - we came home with a bed - which Lance is currently building in the basement - bedding, a rug, and some small items. When we get things set up I'll post some photos.

Well, thats all for now. Thanks for your comments and encouragement and prayers. We are caught in a mix between impatience to meet these little ones, and gratitude for these last days we have to settle in and just be together. We're trying to savor this time.

Hope you guys are well.

Aimee
posted by Aimee at 5:50 p.m. -
6 Comments:
  • At 6:52 p.m., Blogger Shannon said…

    you might actually go full term! (eek, two more weeks)

     
  • At 7:02 p.m., Anonymous Anonyme said…

    When I was pregnant with Sarah I was being threatened with induction ... some midwives suggest that 2 oz of orange juice & 2 oz of castor oil, drunk quickly, will induce labour. I did it 4 times. It always cleaned me out but didn't start labour ... I went into labour the morning I was booked for the induction. Those babies WILL come - when they are ready. These days of waiting are difficult, boring - what can a very pregnant lady do??? The kids & I are praying for you ~ Marsha

     
  • At 7:55 p.m., Blogger Kristal Sawyer said…

    Praying for you...I know how long these last days can be. But Marsha's right...they WILL come!

     
  • At 10:28 p.m., Blogger Kathy said…

    Every day they don't come - they are growing bigger and stronger - good for you little wigglers!

    I'm very excited to see the photos of the new bedframe and bedding and rug.

    We keep praying for you guys - pretty much all the time - you're on our hearts.

    Love to you four,

    Mom

     
  • At 11:55 p.m., Anonymous Anonyme said…

    Just wanted you to know that you have a Minnesota contingent of people praying for you,too. My family and my parents,Ken& Shirley have enjoyed your updates.(they don't have a computer but I fill them in!) I have been planting flowers all week and I am convinced they speak to my spirit of the Lord's love and care for us-that He would create such loveliness in design and beauty simply because He wanted to give us joy. Love & prayers,Wendy

     
  • At 5:37 a.m., Blogger Shannon said…

    every time I hear about salsa I picture Aimee and her twins in a box under the stairs LOL.

     
Publier un commentaire
here i am
Name: Aimee
Home: Canada
About Me:
more...

previously on hummingbird
Archives
place to go people to see
living on less & liking it more
  • Frugal Hacks
  • Like Merchant Ships
  • Smart Canucks
  • Deweys Treehouse



  •