mercredi, décembre 07, 2005
This and that
Hi guys, here I am. A forgetful and busy blogger.

Lance and I were away this past weekend on a much needed getaway - 2 nights. It was lovely. We stayed in a chalet about an hour from Camrose. It was built on a hill overlooking a beautiful prairie field and forests. There's snow here now, so it was beautiful looking out the huge windows. I was glad to find the owners had put up some simple decorations - a small tree and garlands white small white lights. I can't get enough of Christmas lights. I just love them. We had a relaxed time and enjoyed each other's company a lot.

Now I'm back to the busy world of work and home. Playing catch up after teaching a week long course with Lance. Catching up on my regular job as well as the marking from the course. And our home! Yikes. I emailed Melanie yesterday and detailed how we were out of every sort of commonly used dish and piece of cutlery - and we have a lot of dishes. We made a dent in the dishes yesterday. I enjoyed this morning reaching to the cutlery drawer knowing there was actually utensils in there. Feels like a treat.

Report on the advent book I bought - it's great. Lance and I try to do it together but miss days for various reasons. He suggested that instead of trying to catch up we should just skip to whatever day it actually is. This is hard for my perfectionistic side to handle - my idea was to just read a couple a day and catch up, which isn't really realistic and certainly not meditative. So we've been going with Lance's plan and it is good after all.

Random thoughts:

I can't believe my mom got to meet Marsha and spend the day with her and Melanie!

I got the Nichole Nordeman CD "Brave" from mom in the summer - this is one of Kristal's favorites and I can see why - there are some songs that I really relate to. Very thoughtful and honest lyrics.

Lance sold 3 CDs from the CD Baby site - to Osaka City in JAPAN! We're still trying to figure this out.

There are lovely frost crystals on my window.

I haven't been dedicating much (or any) time to art lately - this needs to change

Well, I think that's all for now. It's my partial day off today - meaning I don't do the office part of my job. Hopefully the kitchen will receive more attention and perhaps I could begin thinking about Christmas gifts.

Hope you are all well.

Aimee
posted by Aimee at 11:52 a.m. -
5 Comments:
  • At 2:13 p.m., Blogger Karen said…

    Sounds like you have been really busy. I'm just like you with the advent reading - I didn't start till yesterday and then did all 6 days together! I can't stand not being on time! Which advent book is it? The Nouwen one or the one with the horrendous cover?

    I have just discovered Nichole Nordeman. My housemate was playing it the other day and I was like WOW who is this. She writes pretty truthfully. It's good.

    Anyway thanks for keeping us updated with whats going on with you.
    Karenx

     
  • At 1:27 p.m., Anonymous Anonyme said…

    Here's my idea of the CDs in Japan; perhaps Daniel Faerber's family still lives there and he told them to buy the CDs. :)
    Lucky for you to have snow - all our snow is gone. Have a blessed Christmas season Aimee!!
    Love Kortney

     
  • At 8:51 a.m., Blogger Kate said…

    Japan...hmmmmmmm. Maybe, realizing Canadians love for sushi thought they should get something Canadian. Good choice (by the way, I like the CD).

    Katelyn

     
  • At 3:22 p.m., Blogger Shannon said…

    Glad you got to have a little getaway! Reading whichever day you are on for the devotion is a much better idea than trying to catch up. Plus, when you do it next year you'll feel like it is still fresh.

     
  • At 3:28 p.m., Blogger Shannon said…

    forgot to add. Could you email me your address and I can add you to our christmas card list :O) (princessaherne@yahoo.com)

     
Publier un commentaire
here i am
Name: Aimee
Home: Canada
About Me:
more...

previously on hummingbird
Archives
place to go people to see
living on less & liking it more
  • Frugal Hacks
  • Like Merchant Ships
  • Smart Canucks
  • Deweys Treehouse



  •