mercredi, octobre 26, 2005
Congratulations and a Tribute etc.
I would like to congratulate myself on bloggin once a week. This entry makes once a week for three weeks. Now to some super bloggers this is nothing but I am congratulating myself nonetheless.

On a different note I will be removing my guestbooks. The old one because it doesn't work, and the new one because it has pop-up ads that come up whenever anyone wants to make and entry. Which I am deducing is the cause of the lack of guestbook entries (except mom, thanks mom).

Do you sometimes save up ideas in your head that would make good blog material? Yeah, me too. So here is one I've had in the back of my mind for awhile:

A TRIBUTE TO DENISE ENGLER
There are many reasons that would lead one decide to write a blog tribute to Denise but I will focus on simply one. Denise is the computer whiz of our blog ring. Don't you agree? Think back to when you had a question about how to post a photo or fix something on your blog. Who answered your querie? I bet 8 out of 10 times it was Denise. I've read many a detailed guestbook response by Denise helping bloggers in distress. She outlines exactly what needs to be done to acheive the desired result. Instead of looking through everyone's comments and guestbooks to find out how many people Denise has helped I just ask you readers to comment on this entry and say how Denise has helped you out. Character qualities these actions show about Denise - she handles details well and cares about people (even people she doesn't know I might add).
Thanks Denise for the helpful role you have played in our ring.

DREAM JOBS
I would like to announce that two of my very best friends got their dream jobs in the same week (now this news is weeks old but I never did blog about it) Melanie, as you may know has received a great position being the Archivist for the Anglican church. She'll be given tons of new responsibility, get to help people discover their pasts, organize to her heart's content, preserve history, learn a lot, and even write. She'll do great! Congratulations Melanie!

The very same week my friend Jenna Jensen got a position in the maternity unit at the Camrose hospital. This means, no more commute and no more working with seniors. It also means getting to spend time with new moms and their precious little ones teaching important things - like breastfeeding. As a part of this job Jenna will be getting more education which is exciting as well. Jenna suits this job well. Maybe she'll still be working there when I have a baby. Crazy. Congratulations Jenna!


Well, that's it for tonight.

Hope you are all well.

Aimee
posted by Aimee at 6:31 p.m. -
8 Comments:
  • At 8:56 p.m., Blogger Kathy said…

    Good bye popups! AND congratulations on once a week blogging. It's very cool about the dream jobs. Thankyou Lord. Denise is fabulous - if she is that to the blogging world, imagine how much we appreciated her at the bookstore!
    Blessings on your week.
    I love you,
    Mom

     
  • At 7:52 a.m., Blogger Melanie said…

    Aimz - love the comments instead of the guestbook - I will comment more often for sure with this system. Thanks for the congratulations, and I'd like to say that Denise helped me make sure she could make a direct link on her computer to my blog by helping me with the site feed thingy. I have to say I still don't completely understand it, but it seems to be working out. THANKS DENISE!!

     
  • At 1:30 p.m., Blogger Cara said…

    Denise helped me set up links!

     
  • At 5:11 p.m., Blogger brent said…

    thing that jumped out at me was "when I have a baby"... hmmmm.

     
  • At 10:05 p.m., Blogger Alvin & Denise Engler said…

    Wow... I'm honoured by the tribute... but truly and passionately am of the opinion that Katelyn deserves the title. Oh man... gotta go... Cherith is waking up. This ends my 3 minutes of solitude. -de

     
  • At 12:03 p.m., Blogger Shannon said…

    Yes, the "when I have a baby" part jumped out at me too. Just passing through and waving hello Aimee!

     
  • At 11:24 a.m., Blogger cv said…

    yay for Jenna.... Aim which Jenna is this, could you provide a photo? I'm sure I'll remember her from your wedding.... We happen to be in similar life situations... yay for no more commute, yay for mom's and babes.....

     
  • At 4:58 p.m., Anonymous Anonyme said…

    so should carolyn and i move to camrose to have our baby in june?
    -steve-

     
Publier un commentaire
here i am
Name: Aimee
Home: Canada
About Me:
more...

previously on hummingbird
Archives
place to go people to see
living on less & liking it more
  • Frugal Hacks
  • Like Merchant Ships
  • Smart Canucks
  • Deweys Treehouse



  •