lundi, novembre 29, 2004
Sick and Advent
Today Lance woke up sick. The flu has been swiftly making its way through staff and students here at CLBI. With him sick I had a few more responisibilities. Lance is in charge of the chapel times at school - planning for guest speakers to come and facilitating and leading some. Well this morning he had planned to do an Advent chapel. Being sick he couldn't do it so... I did. I actually enjoyed it. Chapel is at ten so I had about an hour to plan. I roped one of the staff to lead a couple songs and do a scripture reading - I shared some personal thoughts on advent and read a short devotional. We had a prayer time where we asked Jesus, the light of the world, to come into our lives and into the lives of those we know who need his light. It went well - I would do it again, just with a little more planning especially regarding the music.

Last night we had our second annual advent party. For two years running this has been the highlight of my Christmas season. Our theme last night was light in the darkness. Lance and I read from Isaiah 9 and John 1 - excellent passages about light. I love from Isaiah: "The people walking in darkness has seen a great light, on those living in the land of the shadow of death a light had dawned" (9:2) Most of the evening we had all the lights off and just one candle on. We worshipped together and prayed together. We had also planned to make advent wreaths together - but we ran out of time. We ended the evening with lots of snacks (both healthy and not healthy) and visiting, tons of laughing. Our best friends the Friedrichs and Jensens were there, as well as the Aickens who we are glad live nearby and we are getting to see them more often. A group of quality people. It was lovely to begin preparing our hearts together with them.

I need to work some more today on marking for our course. I'll work from home so I can take care of Lance. So far I just bring him drinks. I made a trip to safeway to buy some drinks he requested - V-8 juice, bottled water (he hates Camrose water) and gingerale. He also wanted a booster juice smoothie drink so I drove across town (which isn't really far at all) to get him one - when I got there I read a sign on their door that says they are temporarily closed and will reopen soon, sorry for any inconvenience. No booster juice for Lance.

Okay, I better go. One more thing. I'm going to add a link for our friends Al and Denise's blog, it's filled with great photos of their son Joshua.

It is sunny here (as usual) I am enjoying the warmth. I hope you are all well.
Thanks for the guestbook entries, I'll try to be a little more regular with blogging.

Aimee
posted by Aimee at 1:17 p.m. -
0 Comments:
Publier un commentaire
here i am
Name: Aimee
Home: Canada
About Me:
more...

previously on hummingbird
Archives
place to go people to see
living on less & liking it more
  • Frugal Hacks
  • Like Merchant Ships
  • Smart Canucks
  • Deweys Treehouse



  •