vendredi, juin 04, 2004
Rest & the Flames
Well, the masterpiece is done. Atleast for now. Revisions may need to be done later. But I won't touch it until Monday for sure - except to maybe show Lance. I think I need to take more breaks.

Outside I can hear the neighbors pumping up some sort of air filled plastic thing - this is my guess - I haven't peered off the deck to find out for sure. A blow up pool would be the funnest I think.

As they have been incorporated into our lives in the past months I must mention the Calgary Flames. Lance and I have both converted to be Calgary fans. Lance cheers for Oilers first, then Vancouver, and now Calgary. I'm for Vancouver first, then for whoever is the underdog and Canadian. Calgary fit that bill. They won last night and are one win away from the winning the Stanley Cup.

I can't write about the flames without mentioning our dear friends who live in Camrose.

Pete & Jenna: Their home has become a flames shrine - over 100 flames posters (found inside scavenged Calgary Herald newspapers from Pete's Mom's, and the recycling depot), Pete is the stats man of the group- and he should be after reading all those "flames extras"(section in the Herald) and Jenna is gifted with coming up with Flames knock knock jokes - she and Pete made one for each player, and coach Sutter, according to Pete, Jenna's were by far the funniest.

Brent & Jena: Have pitched in with Pete and Jenna to purchase cable for the month - so they can all watch the Flames play. Brent converted to the Flames after Vancouver was elimniated, Jena (like Pete) cheered for Calgary all along - with occasional cheers for Vancouver, both Brent and Jena are very passionate when it comes to goals scored and games won - they are arguably the loudest of the group.

The Kaack's: Steve and Bonnie (and three kids) frequent the hockey parties too. There is a office/playroom set up at Pete and Jenna's for the kids - so they don't get bored and grumpy and so the grown-ups can watch without missing important goals/hits/penalties because one of the kids was sommersaulting by. Both Steve and Bonnie are die-hard Flames fans and are training their kids to be the same.

While we were still in Alberta we watched many a game with this crew. Now that we're in BC it's pretty lonely watching hockey. Lance faithfully watches all of every game and I pop in and out periodically (especially when the Flames are losing), making sure I catch the replays.

There you have it, a peak into my life.

Aimee
posted by Aimee at 3:14 p.m. -
0 Comments:
Publier un commentaire
here i am
Name: Aimee
Home: Canada
About Me:
more...

previously on hummingbird
Archives
place to go people to see
living on less & liking it more
  • Frugal Hacks
  • Like Merchant Ships
  • Smart Canucks
  • Deweys Treehouse



  •