samedi, juin 26, 2004
Favorite Colour and Favorite Season
Those of you who have signed or viewed my guestbook know that there are spaces to fill in your favorite colour and season. You may have been confused by that fact that you can click on them, like you would an email address or website link. Originally these fields were for your email and website but I changed them. My guestbook provider had this option where I could translate any of the fields into my language - so I just typed in whatever I wanted, I suppose after awhile it could get a little boring to continually type in your favorite season and colour - so I'll change it to something else. Of course, please know that you are completely free to leave the fields blank.

Last night we went to a BBQ at a friends house. We had a lot of fun. On the way home Lance and I were discussing friendship. We have a couple of friends/acquaintances who say/do questionable things and people just say, "Oh you know that's just John", or, "Good thing I know John" - meaning, John can get away with doing/saying things that would normally seem rude/wrong, we don't expect anything more/better from him. Lance and I both want to become better friends to people. Friends who would feel free to challenge John on his behaviour, to let him know if something is unacceptable or offensive and to encourage him towards a richer, deeper way of life, to affirm the good we see in him and not just dismiss the bad as unchangeable. I'm afraid I'm not explaining myself very well, not giving any specific examples. I guess I want to be the kind of friend who encourages others towards richer living and isn't content just to say, "That's just the way John is" and leave it at that. I want to be an honest friend. Loving.

Moving on. Today I am making granola bars and granola (cereal). I'm not using a recipe and no sugar/honey cause I can't have that. I just tasted the granola bars and they aren't very good at all. I don't think Lance or my brother will eat them. I added some juice and raisins to my latest batch, so hopefully they will be better - sweeter.

Okay, that's all for now.

Aimee

posted by Aimee at 12:23 p.m. -
0 Comments:
Publier un commentaire
here i am
Name: Aimee
Home: Canada
About Me:
more...

previously on hummingbird
Archives
place to go people to see
living on less & liking it more
  • Frugal Hacks
  • Like Merchant Ships
  • Smart Canucks
  • Deweys Treehouse



  •